Advertisement

Hot springs near Shasta....?

topic posted Tue, April 24, 2007 - 9:42 AM by  Amber
Share/Save/Bookmark
A few years ago I visited a wonderful hot spring near Shasta. A short hike, and the springs were located right next to a river. Still natural, no concrete, just dugouts.... A few in a row down the river's edge. On the hike you pass a small rickety fenced off area that looked like an very old grave-yard.... Good energy, intense, breathtaking in beauty.

Does anyone know the name of this secret haven?

LOVE!
~Am
posted by:
Amber
Oregon
Advertisement
  • Re: Hot springs near Shasta....?

Tue, April 24, 2007 - 9:18 PM
    Which Shasta?
    Shasta City?
    Mt. Shasta?
    Shasta County?

I'm guessing you mean Big Bend east of Redding off Hwy 299E, on the Pit River, in Shasta County.

Enjoy!

jim

Wed, April 25, 2007 - 9:58 AM
      Yeah, sorry I meant Mt. Shasta.... Big Bend sounds right, and so does Pit River... Muchas Gracias, senor! Do you have any better- more direct- directions? You can send em to my inbox if you'd like...?

~Am

Thu, April 26, 2007 - 12:47 PM
        Big Bend, the pay hot springs, are closed. Just outside of town are hunt hotsprings. I'm not real sure how to get there. I5 to Redding. 299 east to big bend rd, about 30 minutes. Turn left on big bend road and go up and around up and around untill the town of big bend. Don't blink, you'll miss it. Cross the bridge over the Pit river just past the store. After that I'm not too clear how to describe. I think about a mile or so down on the left is a pull out, then walk down a hill. The store may or may not give directions depending on you and how they are feeling that day. Do this in the early afternoon. It gets a bit sketchy up there sometimes, especially at night. Bring a friend or two or perhaps a big dog! Hunt is an awesome soak. I'm sure you can google directions or find them on soak.net

Fri, April 27, 2007 - 9:41 AM
          Steven~

Thanks a ton- I super appreciate it! I know the springs I am thinking of were NOT a pay area- so Big Bend is not the place. Hunt..... Could be. The directions certainly sound familiar.

When we last went there we were the only folks until late in the evening. Then a rowdy group of locals showed up with a bunch of hard alcohol. They went in one of the pools further down the river. As they got louder and louder and some of the guys started creeping up to our area- we decided to splitz. Were hungry for Mexican toritlla soup anyways...

Thanks fo the info and tips, bro..

ALOHA~

~Am

Wed, June 27, 2007 - 4:20 PM
            definitely hunt springs, one of the last natural sacred springs left in the state...best way to get there is 299 to big bend turnoff, head down the canyon 17 miles till you get to the town of big bend, go through town and about 4 miles past you will reach a bridge that goes over the pit river. park there and walk about 1/2 miles downstream to the springs, give thanks to the ancestors in the graveyard when you pass. they probably will appreiate the company

Recent topics in "Hot Springs in the West"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
New Moderator? Quaydin 2 Yesterday, 1:49 PM
Meet gay nudists in your local area Unsubscribed 0 September 24, 2014
Any nude gay here Unsubscribed 0 September 3, 2014
Dating nudist personals nudistperosnals.org Unsubscribed 1 April 19, 2014