Advertisement

New Mexico, Clothing Optional

topic posted Sat, June 10, 2006 - 9:51 AM by  Atreides
Share/Save/Bookmark
Any recommendations on hot springs in NM that are either nude or clothing optional? I'm going to be out there for a couple of weeks in July
posted by:
Atreides
Advertisement
  • Re: New Mexico, Clothing Optional

Sat, June 10, 2006 - 7:40 PM
    Jemez Springs North of Albq. Best there is...

Thu, June 15, 2006 - 4:12 PM
      Are you referring to the Bathhouse that's right in the little town of Jemez Spr. or one of the springs out from there (Maccauley, etc)

Thanks!

Mon, June 19, 2006 - 6:50 PM
        spence springs or sulphur springs. Spence is up the road from the bathhouse, and is technically clothing required, but many people still go naked. Sulphur springs is not a place to soak for hours unless you have askin condition, but its clothing optional last i heard tho
        you may want to get the number and call ahead as its on private land.

Sat, June 24, 2006 - 10:14 AM
          Just looked up Spence and it states that people are getting ticketed for being nude. That's distressing

Thu, August 24, 2006 - 11:12 AM
            About 5 years ago a new US Forest Service director for Santa Fe National Forest (encompassing the Jemez Mts.) decided to crack down on nudity at Spence and other nearby hot springs. With helicopters, plain clothes police, and expensive fines ($200 +) she drove out most of the "nudists." In their place are mostly large hispanic familes and gangs of hispanic teenagers.

Ironically, the nudist hippies took pretrty good care of the place. Now there is a lot of trash and feces all over the place, and algae in the water. Perhaps in part due to years of drought, several of the springs have all but dried up.

In short, I recommend going elsewhere.

Michael - - - Santa Fe

Sat, July 8, 2006 - 6:20 PM
    Gila hot springs is one of the best I know of for car-camping. Its way out of the way, but if you're in silver city its worth going out there.
    Its right on the river, so you can do the hot-cold-hot-cold thing. Its privately owned but costs like 3 or 4 bucks a night to camp, so its cheap, but people dont party there hardcore, so it feels safe...

Recent topics in "Hot Springs in the West"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
New Moderator? Quaydin 2 Yesterday, 1:49 PM
Meet gay nudists in your local area Unsubscribed 0 September 24, 2014
Any nude gay here Unsubscribed 0 September 3, 2014
Dating nudist personals nudistperosnals.org Unsubscribed 1 April 19, 2014